Fort Lauderdale Weapon Crimes Lawyer
Protect Your Gun Rights in Florida
Both the United States and Florida Constitutions protect an individual's right to keep and bear arms, but not for everyone and in every circumstance. Florida law has numerous restrictions in place to limit firearm possession. Furthermore, Florida citizens may not conceal their firearm on themselves or within their vehicle unless they obtain a concealed carry permit, nor can they use their firearm in an unsafe manner. Violation of these laws can carry very severe penalties, including the total prohibition of possessing a firearm. This is where our Fort Lauderdale weapon crimes lawyer can help.
Types of Weapon Offenses
To protect your freedom and your rights, you need an experienced Fort Lauderdale weapon crime attorney on your side from day one. Our team at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Grossman, LLC is by your side.
We have handled cases that include, but are not limited to:
- Firearm discharge: Which includes knowingly firing your weapon in a public space, including roads, highways, and residential areas. Additionally, you may face charges if the discharge caused property damage.
- Aggravated assault: Guns are considered deadly weapons, and assault with one without the intent to kill is considered an aggravated assault. This can include firing the weapon or using it to threaten someone.
- Carrying a concealed firearm: In Florida, it is a felony to knowingly conceal a weapon. This means not only on your body but also when a weapon is readily accessible, such as in your car.
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon: Convicted felons cannot own or possess a gun. If you are caught knowingly in possession of a weapon, you could face criminal charges and jail time.
A weapons offense should be acted upon with immense care and confidence to help protect your rights. Our team has the experience needed to help you navigate this process from beginning to end.
What are the Penalties for Weapon Charges?
When faced with a weapons charge, it is important to look at all the factors that were involved. Different circumstances like the use of other deadly weapons, public discharge, and even improper exhibition can lead to criminal charges and convictions without a proper defense strategy.
Common punishments for weapon issues include:
- Fines and costs
- Mandatory probation
- Extensive prison time
- Loss of the right to carry a weapon
Also, for those who have a domestic violence injunction or a risk protection order against them, you may be prevented from possessing or purchasing a firearm.
Aggressive Attorney on Your Side
Whether you’re looking for weapon crime defense in English, Spanish, or Creole/French, Jeffrey Grossman and his team are ready to help you. Our Fort Lauderdale weapons crime lawyer has the trial experience you want on your side. Jeffrey Grossman is passionate about what he does and has handled over ten thousand criminal cases
“They are the professionals who know what to do to get a positive outcome for your case.”- Everard L.
“GREAT TEAM! I was facing 3 DUI charges and because of the hard work this team put in ALL charges were DROPPED!”- Ziyan T.
“Trevor was so nice and understanding. Even though my case was in another county he had someone out there to help me.”- Maria M.